At St Michael's we are proud to have pupil representatives that take part in School Council meetings. Our School Council is in place so that pupils have a voice and are involved in decisions about the school that affect them. Through School Council all pupils have the opportunity to raise issues, share ideas and take part in discussions that involve all of their classmates in reaching a democratic solution. Wider issues that arise at School are discussed further at School Council meetings, this ensures that as many pupil voices as possible are heard. Pupils at St Michael's know that this is their school and their thoughts and ideas matter.
Our School Council aims to ensure our children have:
- A safe, happy and fair learning environment
- A forum to voice their concerns and act upon them
- A structured opportunity to learn problem-solving skills
- An opportunity to take an active role in the organisation of the school
- An opportunity to experience a democratic process
Our School Council 2021-2022