If you wish to apply for your child to join St Michael's during the academic year, please contact the school office who will be happy to take the relevant details from you.
Our admission criteria:
1. Children looked after by a Local Authority (in accordance with section 22 of the Children Act 1989) and children who were previously looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order.
2. Children whose parent/guardian regularly attends the local Church of St Michael’s and All Angels. We define regular as meaning once a month for a one-year period prior to the point of application and this will be confirmed by a letter from the local minister.
3. Children with a brother or sister who will be attending the school at the time of admission and who live at the same address
4. Children who attend the school nursery.
5. Children whose parent/guardian regularly attends any other Christian denomination (defined as a Church which its members of Churches together in England or the Evangelical Alliance). We define regular as meaning once a month for a two-year period prior to the point of application.
6. Proximity of home to school as measured by a straight line from the centre of the school.
- Admissions Appeals Policy 2020 2021
- Admissions Appeals Policy 2021 2022
- Admissions Appeals Policy 2022 2023
- Appeals Timetable 2020
- Appeals Timetable 2021
For more information on Admissions, see the Birmingham City Council website:
Looking for a Nursery place?
We still have places available for our Nursery in September 2021.
If you are interested and your child turns 3 before 1st September 2021, please contact the school office who would be happy to take the relevant details from you.
Feel free to have a look on our Nursery class page to see what our current Nursery children have been getting up to by clicking here.
Please also see below our welcome video for our Nursery:
Looking to apply for Reception at St Michael's?
If you have not yet applied for our Reception and are interested in getting to know more about us, please see the presentation below containing information for parents of prospective starters:
Below is a presentation for you to go through with your child informing you of all the things we feel you will need to know before joining our school in September. We also have a video that we feel would be helpful to watch before they attend in the new academic year.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Rhal - EYFS Lead.
We look forward to welcoming your child in the new academic year.
If you have any further questions regarding admissions, please contact the school office.